This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: testing policy for C/C++ front end changes
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 21:50:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: testing policy for C/C++ front end changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <545FF50A dot 10402 at codesourcery dot com>
On 11/09/14 16:13, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
and noticed that the policy is to require a complete bootstrap for C
changes, but not for C++. Given that GCC's implementation language is
now C++, isn't that backwards? I'm not trying to weasel out of the
extra work for my patch, just curious if the web site guidelines have
gotten bit-rotten after the switch to C++, or if the SC did indeed
consider the issue already and the published policy is accurate.
They've bit-rotted a bit. Interested in cons-ing up an update?