This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Update ISL under gcc/infrastructure/ ? // Remove CLooG?
- From: Sven Verdoolaege <skimo at kotnet dot org>
- To: Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser dot es>
- Cc: Mircea Namolaru <mircea dot namolaru at inria dot fr>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:33:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: Update ISL under gcc/infrastructure/ ? // Remove CLooG?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141104151755 dot GA13200 at physik dot fu-berlin dot de> <545AB53E dot 5080808 at grosser dot es> <CABGF_gfmcazQLXPxZ4ET3P0VCNPYxYazJGWDY3GsGzFaj1ueGA at mail dot gmail dot com> <545B1D00 dot 6060605 at grosser dot es> <CAFiYyc0aBCDDdgQPvDszdzG7kk6RRnKMWixtUkDr10T-PnMiXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <545B42B4 dot 4070701 at grosser dot es>
On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 10:43:16AM +0100, Tobias Grosser wrote:
> is there any chance we can add the deprecated isl_int includes back into isl
> 0.14.1. This would unblock the testing and we could remove them as soon as
> gcc 4.8/4.9 has been phased out.
I prefer Richard's solution.
In any case, you need to test later versions of isl before you accept
for use in older versions of gcc. Even if there are no incompatibilities
in the API, the internal representations of results of operations may
very well change, which may, for example, result in significantly
different output from the AST generator.