This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RFC: Update ISL under gcc/infrastructure/ ? // Remove CLooG?
- From: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser dot es>, Roman Gareev <gareevroman at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:17:55 +0100
- Subject: RFC: Update ISL under gcc/infrastructure/ ? // Remove CLooG?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
currently, contrib/download_prerequisites downloads isl-0.12.2 from
However, that version has a bug which causes an ICE (PR 62289).
End of October, ISL 0.14 was released, which should contain a fix for
that issue. Hence, one should consider using 0.14 instead of /infrastructure/
Disclaimer: I haven't tested that version, yet.
* * *
The page https://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html lists 0.12.2 as
version to be used (without "(or later)").
The configure script does some version checks, but seeminly only to rule
out early version of ISL as it is only the check for an include file.
According to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/isl-development/CQGVfj60SQM
"0.14 was kept backward compatible with 0.13." [But 0.15 will break it.]
Thus, assuming 0.13 works, 0.14 also should work. Release notes:
* * *
Comments? Especially from Richard and Tobias?
* * *
Finally, is CLooG still needed or will GCC also work with only ISL? Looking
at https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-08/msg01742.html , it seems as if
it is about the right time to remove it.