Re: PR63633: May middle-end come up width hard regs for insn expanders?

On 10/24/14 10:29, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

But I'd say, if you can't handle hard regs in the operands (either general,
or some specific ones), you should
force the hard regs into pseudos (all hard regs, or just the problematic
ones) in the expander.
So in this case, check if they overlap with those 2 regs, and force the
input operands into pseudos if they do; the output will be harder, guess
you'd need to emit the pattern into a pseudo and emit_move_insn it
afterwards to the hard reg.
I'm pretty sure that's what Georg is going to do, my comment was that the existence of the hard register operand _may_ point to something else that we would want to fix.

jeff