What are open tasks about GIMPLE loop optimizations?

Dear GCC Developers,

Nobody answers my question below, so perhaps something wrong with my email :)

So let me clarify in more details what Iâm asking about.

Iâve made some very very very basic evaluation of GCC code ([1]) and
started to think about concrete task to contribute to GCC (language
and machine optimization would be interesting to me, in particular,
loop optimization).

I cannot invent this task myself because my knowledge of GCC and
compilers in general is not enough for this.  And even if I could
think out something perhaps GCC developers have their own
understanding of the world.

Then I have looked at GCC site to answer my question. What I could
find about loop optimizations is information from GNU Tools Cauldron
2012, âStatus of High level Loop Optimizationsâ.  So perhaps this is
out-of-date in 2014.

Unfortunately, I have not enough time, so I would not commit to manage
a task which is on the critical task.  (Are you interested only in
full time developers?)

So it would be great if you could advise some tasks, which could be

useful to gcc in some future, however nobody will miss if I cannot do

it (as you had not time/people for these tasks anyway :) ).

What do you think?

Thanks,

Evgeniya

[1] Used GDB to look inside GCC. Wrote some notes in my blog which
could be useful to other newbies
(http://perfstories.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/compiler-internals-introduction-to-a-new-post-series/).