This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offload Library
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:46:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: Offload Library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140516114748 dot GA28112 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Kirill Yukhin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Dear steering committee,
> To support the offloading features for Intel's Xeon Phi cards
> we need to add a foreign library (liboffload) into the gcc repository.
> README with build instructions is attached.
> I am also copy-pasting the header comment from one of the liboffload files.
> The header shown below will be in all the source files in liboffload.
> Sources can be downloaded from .
> Additionally to that sources we going to add few headers (released under GPL v2.1 license)
> and couple of new sources (license in the bottom of the message).
> Does this look OK?
The GCC SC has decided to allow this library in the GCC sources.
If the library is not going to be expanded to support all GPUs and
offload targets, the library name should be more specific to Intel.