Re: What is "fnspec function type attribute"?

On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, FX wrote:

In fortran/trans-decl.c, we have a comment above the code building function decls, saying:

   The SPEC parameter specifies the function argument and return type
   specification according to the fnspec function type attribute.  */

I was away from GCC development for some time, so this is news to me. The syntax is not immediately clear, and neither a Google search nor a grep of the trunkʼs numerous .texi files reveals any information. Iʼm creating new decls, what I am to do with it?

You can look at the 2 functions in gimple.c that use gimple_call_fnspec, and refer to tree-core.h for the meaning of EAF_*, etc. A string like "2x." means: '2': the first letter is about the return, here we are returning the second argument
'x': the first argument is ignored
'.': not saying anything about the second argument.

--
Marc Glisse