TARGET_MACRO_FUSION_PAIR for something besides compare-and-branch ?

Hi all,

The documentation for TARGET_MACRO_FUSION_PAIR says that it can be used to tell the scheduler that two insns should not be scheduled apart. It doesn't specify what kinds of insns those can be.

Yet from what I can see in sched-deps.c it can only be used on compares and conditional branches,
as implemented in i386.

Say I want to specify two other types of instruction that I want to force together, would it be worth
generalising the TARGET_MACRO_FUSION_PAIR usage to achieve that?

Thanks,
Kyrill