Re: Offload Library

Hello Ian,
On 16 May 07:07, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Kirill Yukhin <kirill.yukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >         To support the offloading features for Intel's Xeon Phi cards
> > we need to add a foreign library (liboffload) into the gcc repository.
> > README with build instructions is attached.
>
> Can you explain why this library should be part of GCC, and how GCC
> would use it?  I'm sure it's obvious to you but it's not obvious to
> me.
The âtargetâ clause of OpenMP 4.0 aka âoffloadingâ support is expected to be a part of
libgomp. Every target platform that will be supported should implement a dedicated
plugin for libgomp. The plugin for Xeon PHI is based on the liboffload functionality.
This library also will provide compatibility for binaries built with ICC.

--
Thanks, K