Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h

On 04/14/2014 02:01 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
You may have failed to consider that unwind.h is installed and can be
#include'd by any program that is built with GCC.  Renaming the
installed file will break an unknown number of existing programs.

Ian

No I considered that but I think that number will be very small. Will you concede, in hindsight, that it would be better had the name been chosen to be more unique?

If it's the avowed policy of the FSF to never require a source code change in a user program, then obviously this is unacceptable. Could you advise me on that policy please?

The problem for us is there's no good solution for bypassing the VxWorks7 header file when compiling libgcc. The only way I see to do this is to introduce a new variable for header files to be included after the internal gcc header files, when compiling libgcc. If you have some other suggestions, they would be welcome.

--Doug