Re: Code emitted was bloated with no optimisation.

Umesh Kalappa <umesh.kalappa0@gmail.com> writes:
> Richard ,
> Pmode is defined  HImode and private target is 16 bit where int ,short
> and Pmode  is defined  HImode and long as SImode.
>
> Please do let me know if it requires more information on the target.

In that case I suggest you compile with -da and compare the .expand
dumps for the optimised and unoptimised code.  If they both use the same
bad sequence, see (a) which pass manages to optimise it and (b) figure
out why the expand-time code is so bad.  If the difference is already
present at expand time then presumably something is going wrong earlier.

Thanks,
Richard