Re: Completing GCC Go escape analysis in GSoC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Ray Li <st.ray156@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm a student interested in working on GCC and want to make a
> proposal of GSoC 2014 on GCC Go escape analysis.
>
> I 've read code under /gcc/testsuit/go.* the some source code of
> gofrontend, and realization of escape analysis and furthermore
> optimization is needed.
>
> Right now I have come up with a small patch of escape test at the
> beginning. My patch aims at test for whether escape analysis is
> working. Then I want to start some small part of performance function
> and write more tests for optimization. Am i on the right direction?
> Thanks a lot if anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks for your interest.  Yes, all of your examples look correct to
me.

There is a larger escape analysis test in libgo/go/fmt/fmt_test.go.
That file is copied from the master repository, but in mallocTest the
numbers are changed.  Instead of 7 5's and a 20, it should be 0, 1, 1,
2, 1, 2, 0, 1.

Ian