Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers

On 10/03/14 11:29, Jeremy Bennett wrote:
> On 03/03/14 11:35, David Brown wrote:
>> On 02/03/14 19:24, Denis Chertykov wrote:
>>> I would remove two maintainers for AVR port:
>>> 1. Anatoly Sokolov <aesok@post.ru>
>>> 2. Eric Weddington <eric.weddington@atmel.com>
>>>
>>> I have discussed the removal with Anatoly Sokolov and he is agree with it.
>>> I can't discuss the removal with Eric Weddington because his mail
>>> address invalid.
>>>
>>> Must somebody approve the removal ?  (Or I can just apply it)
>>>
>>> Denis.
>>>

>> Eric Weddington has left Atmel, so his address will no longer be valid.
>>  I don't know if he still has time to work with AVRs, or if he would
>> still be able to be a maintainer for the AVR port.  But I am pretty sure
>> that his new job will not involve AVR's significantly, so it would only
>> be as a hobby (or at best, as a normal avr gcc user).
>>
>> Atmel includes gcc in their development tool (AVR Studio), as well as
>> providing pre-built packages (for Windows and Linux) with the avr-libc
>> library and related tools, using snapshots of mainline gcc with a few
>> patches (for things like support of newer devices).  So it seems
>> reasonable to expect that they will be interested in the development and
>> maintenance of the avr port of gcc even though Eric has now left them.
>> If you would like, I can try to contact Atmel and ask if they have
>> someone who would like to take Eric's seat as a port maintainer (or you
>> could do so yourself from Atmel's website).
>
> Hi David,
>
> Joern Rennecke is working with Atmel on the AVR tool chain. You'll see
> he has submitted quite a large number of AVR related patches in the last
> year.
>
> I've discussed with Atmel's teams in Trondheim and Chennai and they are
> very supportive of Joern Rennecke being added as a maintainer.
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Jeremy

Hi,

It is up to Denis and Joern (or JÃrn, as I expect he spells it) to agree
on maintainer status - I was just trying to provide a little helpful
information.

I haven't seen JÃrn posting to the avr-gcc-list@nongnu.org, where many
avr-gcc users and developers hang out, but I am very happy to see that
Atmel is supporting him in his work on gcc.

mvh.,

David