Re: [AVR] remove two maintainers

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Denis Chertykov <chertykov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 02/03/14 19:24, Denis Chertykov wrote:
>>> I would remove two maintainers for AVR port:
>>> 1. Anatoly Sokolov <aesok@post.ru>
>>> 2. Eric Weddington <eric.weddington@atmel.com>
>>>
>>> I have discussed the removal with Anatoly Sokolov and he is agree with it.
>>> I can't discuss the removal with Eric Weddington because his mail
>>> address invalid.
>>>
>>> Must somebody approve the removal ?  (Or I can just apply it)
>>>
>>> Denis.
>>>

>> Eric Weddington has left Atmel, so his address will no longer be valid.
>>  I don't know if he still has time to work with AVRs, or if he would
>> still be able to be a maintainer for the AVR port.  But I am pretty sure
>> that his new job will not involve AVR's significantly, so it would only
>> be as a hobby (or at best, as a normal avr gcc user).
>>
>> Atmel includes gcc in their development tool (AVR Studio), as well as
>> providing pre-built packages (for Windows and Linux) with the avr-libc
>> library and related tools, using snapshots of mainline gcc with a few
>> patches (for things like support of newer devices).  So it seems
>> reasonable to expect that they will be interested in the development and
>> maintenance of the avr port of gcc even though Eric has now left them.
>> If you would like, I can try to contact Atmel and ask if they have
>> someone who would like to take Eric's seat as a port maintainer (or you
>> could do so yourself from Atmel's website).
>
> I'm not looking for additional maintainers I just want to remove inactive.

Maintainers can resign at any time. Mentoring and nominating new
maintainers is appreciated.

Note that maintainers are a personal appointment, not a company
appointment, so job changes do not affect maintainership.

You can apply the change to remove Anatoly's name. Someone should
confirm with Eric Weddington that he wishes to resign.

Thanks, David