RE: Question about omp-low.c

I think we are talking two different things or I am not understanding you. I am using OMP's iterator handling mechanism, but the question I have is about the pre-body. It is pre-gimplifying the condition and the initial value and storing it in pre_body. The prebody is then pushed into the child function. I want the pre-body to be pushed into main function. Is it possible for me to do that?

> By following what we do for OpenMP here, I'd hope you can get rid of the
> loop_count you've added to the gimple structure, what is grain, is that
> specific to each of the collapsed trees, or does Cilk+ support only collapse(1),
> and if so or if it is global for the _Cilk_for and not for each iterator, just add a
> clause for it instead.

Grain is a value that user specifies that is passed directly to the runtime that tells it how to divide the work (different from step-size, please see cilk_for_grain.c in my patch). It is very Cilk runtime specific. Loop-count I need it because I need it to pass into the cilk runtime function call (along with grain) to tell the loop count. I calculate this value way ahead before the gimplification of the condition, intial value and the step-size. Now, if I can some-how find a way to make GCC move the pre-body to the parent function instead of the child function, I can try to eliminate this field from the structure.