Re: Getting the ARC port reviewed and accepted

On 30/09/13 17:09, Jeremy Bennett wrote:
Hi all,

You've probably seen that Joern Rennecke (amylaar) has been pinging
repeatedly for help reviewing the ARC port:

Joern is approved as a maintainer, and the tests have been reviewed and
approved (thanks to Mike Stump). However approximately a year since the
original submission, after making various changes suggested at that
time, the port itself still awaits review of acceptance.

We are in the curious position of a port that has a maintainer and
testsuite accepted, but no actual port.

What can we do to move this to completion for 4.9 stage 1? It is not the
smallest port (the ARC is a complex reconfigurable processor family),
but it has been in use for a long time, causes no regression errors in
other targets, and has been submitted by a long-standing contributor to
GCC.

Advice on how to move this forward much appreciated.

A big thank you to all who stepped up to get Joern's work reviewed and accepted. Particularly Diego for his reviewing work.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

--
Tel:      +44 (1590) 610184