Re: Questions about LTO infrastructure and pragma omp target

Hi Thomas,

> The idea, as we discussed it at the GNU Tools Cauldron's Acceleration
> BoF, is that the host program (for at least some acceleration devices)
> will be responsible for loading the acceleration device's code to the
> device, using some support library that is specific to each acceleration
> device
Unfortunately, I missed the Cauldron, though I'm familiar with the
general idea and now I'm trying to clarify details.

> and for that it is useful to have the the code readily accessible
> in the host program, and thus link it in as "data".
Oh, if we just link the target binary as a data section into the host
binary, then I see no problems in that, it seems absolutely feasible
with the existing infrastructure.  I just thought (seemingly it was
incorrect) that we're speaking about linking of target code with the
host code.

> > And the question about multi-target support here still remains open.
>
> Many questions are still open -- but I'm glad there is activity on this
> topic, and I'm sure we'll be able to converge with the designs we have or
> are currently developing.
Thanks, I'm sure in that too:)

Best regards, Michael