Re: Why high vsr registers [vsr32 - vsr63] are not used when -mvsx is specified on powerpc?

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Carrot Wei <carrot@google.com> wrote:

> In insn patterns the register class is usually not directly used, instead
> different predicates and constraints are used. So can we use different
> predicates and constraints in memory access instructions and floating
> point arithmetic instructions?

If the pattern predicate and LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS allow displacement
addresses for that mode, then all registers in the class for that mode
must handle it.  For the high registers, this requires additional
reload legitimization, whose implementation is in progress.
LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS does not test a specific register class, so I do
not understand what else you expected to happen automatically.

- David