Re: typos

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013, Martin Jambor wrote:

> > And if the script will be done you should run it for the whole
> > codebase. Otherwise the issues won't be fixed until anybody touches them.
> >

> perhaps you should be aware that there are people who prefer exactly
> that, though the discussions so far have been about
> formatting/whitespace problems only.  The reason is simpler history
> browsing which such changes complicate for little gain (I personally
> can cope with it but I see the point).
>
> On the other hand, I think that this would matter much less for lines
> where there are only comments.  So I'd suggest cherry-picking these
> and submitting fixes in them.  If the patch is large, split it into a
> number of patches for easier review.  If there are errors in
> identifiers etc. I assume that needs to be handled on case by case
> basis, although some related cases can certainly be dealt with
> together (and it would upset history a bit so there might even be
> opposition to that).

Around 99% of the typos are in comments and documentations a few of them
are only in function/variable names (living code).
I think it is not really history obtrusive.

I will create a small subset for preview and send it for reviewing.
(I would not do the whole before getting a green signal... It could take
me at least 4-5 hours to review the whole patch...)

--
Veres Lajos
vlajos@gmail.com