Re: typos

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:41:42AM +0200, Veres Lajos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wrote a small misspell finder/fixer script and when I have a little
> > spare time I clean OS projects with it. (https://github.com/vlajos/misspell_fixer)
> > I ran it on this repository:
> > svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk
> > The patch is around 800kb.
> > What is the best way to handle this modifications?
> > I mean most of the modifications are in the comments and in the
> > documentations, but a code-review is needed anyway. The script itself
> > isn't enough intelligent.
> > So how could I smooth the way to land these modifications?

> I am writing similar tool, that checks more style issues.
> I could try to integrate that.
>
> My idea is run this as pre-commit hook, separate comments from diff, check it with aspell and print
> misspelings in standard output so user can filter them.

Classic spellchekers are not really efficient for finding typos in program
sources. There are too many false positives.
Anyway can I help somehow?

And if the script will be done you should run it for the whole
codebase. Otherwise the issues won't be fixed until anybody touches them.

--
Veres Lajos
vlajos@gmail.com