BImode and STORE_VALUE_FLAG

Hello,

It seems to me there's a bug in simplify_const_relational_operation:simplify-rtx.c.
If you set STORE_VALUE_FLAG to -1, if you get to simplify_const_relational_operation with code: NE, mode: BImode, op0: reg, op1: const_int 0, then you end up in line 4717 calling get_mode_bounds.

get_mode_bounds will unfortunately return min:0, max:-1 for BImode and GCC proceeds to compare val which is 0 using:
/* x != y is always true for y out of range.  */
	  if (val < mmin || val > mmax)
	    return const_true_rtx;

This simplifies the comparison to const_true_rtx in the case STORE_FLAG_VALUE is -1. This seems flawed.

Unless there's some background reason for this to happen this seems like a bug. BImode is a two value mode: 0 or STORE_FLAG_VALUE (according to trunc_int_to_mode), therefore there are really no bounds and these comparisons in simplify_const_relational_operation should take special care if dealing with BImode. Also, having max < min is strange at best and I can imagine it can result in pretty strange behaviour if a developer assumes max >= min, as usual.

I am interested in comments to this piece of code. I am happy to patch simplify_const_relational_operation if you agree with what I said.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos