RE: Testing a plugin optimization with 'make check' (slashes in options)

Hi,

> I was wondering if someone would tell me how to pass an option that
> contains slashes into 'make check'?
>
> For example if I want to test a compiler using a simulator and the -O3 option
> I can run:
>
> make check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board='mips-sim-mti32/-O3'"
>
> I want to run this:
>
> make check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board='mips-sim-mti32/-
> fplugin=/home/sellcey/plugin/dynopt.so'"

Using a brace expansion may help here though I haven't checked. Forward slashes are for the first set of run variants and braces are for the second set. Given the separator for brace expansion is , then the forwards slashes would hopefully not matter. It's a bit of a guess though:

make check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board='mips-sim-mti32\{-fplugin=/home/sellcey/plugin/dynopt.so\}'"

Matthew