Completing libstdc++ regex in GSoC

Hi there, I'm a student interested in GCC and want to make a proposal
of completing regex in libstdc++.

I've read include/bits/regex.h. As far as I can see, the
implementation of regex_traits is partial because C++11(N3290)
requires two specializations : regex_traits<char> and
regex_triats<wchar_t> (28.3.5), which hasn't been implement yet.

Since the GSoC application guide says "Starting with some small patch
for the area you are interested in before the proposal submittal
period can help (ask for guidance and a simple enough project)", is it
fine for me to start my work at those two specializations?

Thanks!

--
Tim Shen