GTY question

The GCC port I am using has some 'hack', that shares some data structs
interfaces (not the data  itself) between front- and backend.
Therefore, I have the very ugly situation to have the definition of
these data structures both in the <target>.h as well as in <target>.c
(for GTY). Is there a more elegant way to make structures visible to
GTY? Can I make GTY look at header files? I am absolutely not familiar
with GTY.

Thanks,
Hendrik Greving