Re: [Android] The reason why -Bsymbolic is turned on by default

Thank you very much for clarification.

>> > Having that in mind, we have:
>> > 1) All shared libraries for Android are built with -Bsymbolic
>> > 2) Dynamic loader throws an error if we are doing COPY relocation
>> > against DT_SYMBOLIC libs.
>> >
>> > So any COPY relocation is doomed to failure.. Ard, what was the reason
>> > for introducing the support of this type of relocations in dynamic
>> > loader in the first place?
> The original implementation allowed them, but was broken. Disallowing
> them would break BC, so fixing them was considered the best option.
> (I think the initial support predates the default Bsymbolic setting.)

Oh, I see now. Since x86 port started when Bsymbolic was the default I
don't see any point of implementing R_386_COPY relocation in dynamic
loader for it. (same can be applied for R_MIPS_COPY)

best regards,
Alexander