Re: CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH, and cross-compilers

On 02/13/2013 03:49 PM, Ludovic CourtÃs wrote:
Richard Biener <richard.guenther@gmail.com> skribis:

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Richard Biener
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Ludovic CourtÃs <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com> skribis:

But it still doesn't address the situation where you have multiple
cross compilers in your PATH all for different targets.

Yeah, I thought about it, but couldnât come up with a practical use case where youâd need to use different cross-compilers in a single build.

When you create fat binaries.

That is, a more pragmatic approach would be to not honor these environments in a cross compiler at all.

Agreed.

Possibly, though thatâd be an incompatible change.

At any rate, thereâs a need for similar env. vars for cross-compilers. WDYT?
I am having difficulties to imagine such a need.

Ralf