Use of templates in c code?

I've been studying/reading gccs code, watching it compile though a debugger and reading. Today I noticed something odd in the c++ parser's file. I saw what appeared to be a template in a .c file.

I am on a different computer now but it was vec< and occurred about 1/6th of the way in, it should be easy to find.

Is that allowed? Is my main question. I would support a c with templates it'd save macro usage, that could only be good! Or is there some construct of c I do not know of.

Searching for c templates proved fruitless I got loads of c++ results

Alec