Re: gcc : c++11 : full support : eta?

On 23/01/13 19:05, Richard Biener wrote:
Uday Khedker <uday@cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

I have been trying to do my stuff for a few years. We conduct a
programme called "Essential Abstractions in GCC" which is aimed at
taking a novice to a level from where she can do independent
experimentation with GCC internals.

I put together a bunch of teaching assistants (about 15 of them) for
about 60 participants. Carefully designed programming assignments are
an
integral part of the training. The program ends with us summarizing the
essential abstractions in 17 or 18 pictures with the hope that if one
can understand the concepts represented by the pictures, one can walk
the maze of the GCC code.

You can find the details of the latest offering at
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/grc/gcc-workshop-12/.

I would like to take this training program to the next level but so
long
it remains my personal baby, my funding agency does not feel that I
have
accomplished much because they feel that if my program has any merit,
the GCC community would adopt it :-(
When I rule the world you will not have such problems. Seriously can you not reason with them?
Can you hint at what they would consider adopting it? I suppose it is not simply linking to it from the wiki or the website?

Richard.

Uday.