Re: lto is streamable?

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Paulo Matos wrote:

> There's a function in lto-streamer-out.c which determines if a tree is streamable.
> This is lto_is_streamable? I have a LANG_TYPE that I want to stream and adding to that function:
> #ifdef TARGET_MYPORT
> if (code == LANG_TYPE)
>    return true;
> #endif
>
> sorts the problem out but my question is, why do we need to exclude
> is_lang_specific(expr) from streamable trees

Easy: because the lto1 compiler (then one that reads in those lto files
again and compiles them all together into asm code) simply doesn't contain
any code from the various language frontends, so language specific trees
couldn't be handled anyway.  If your tree can be handled by generic code
then it isn't language specific.

> and is there a workaround to allow this without changing the core?

It doesn't make sense to change this.

Ciao,
Michael.