Re: Questions regarding licensing issues

> I have a few questions to make sure that I will not violate the GPL,v3:

If you have a legal question, you should ask an attorney who specializes
in copyright law as it applies to computer software.  Do not rely on
anything you get as a response to your question online.

The below is my opinion, based on my understanding of current copyright
law, but I am not an attorney:

> 1. My tool is structured as follows:
> - A frontend that translates GIMPLE dumps to my own N-Address Code
> (NAC) textual representation.
> - A module that generates CDFGs (expressed as Graphviz graphs) from
> NAC translation units.

If NAC is *your* representation, rather than that of some standard
(such as a published assembler representation of some real machine), then
they would both be considered derived works from each other.  Since
the first is covered by the GPL, the second must also.