Re: Proposed C++ optimization with big speed gains with big objects

Hi,
I think what you want is a  custom allocator :
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/bk01pt04ch11.html
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/doc/html/interprocess/allocators_containers.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2439536/strategy-to-allocate-free-lots-of-small-objects
hope that helps,