Re: --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc

Are you looking for gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org?

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012, Bruce Korb wrote:

$ ../configure --with-gmp=/usr --with-mpfr=/usr --with-mpc=/usr --prefix=/u/gnu/proj/gcc-git/_i \
 --enable-languages=c,c++,ftn --enable-bootstrap
[...]
Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify
their locations.  Source code for these libraries can be found at
their respective hosting sites as well as at
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.  See also
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.  If
you obtained GMP, MPFR and/or MPC from a vendor distribution package,
make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header
files.  They may be located in separate packages.
$ rpm -q -a|egrep -i 'libmpc|gmp|mpfr'
libgmpxx4-32bit-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
libmpcdec5-1.2.6-25.1.2.x86_64
libmpfr4-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64
gmplayer-1.1+35127-1.6.x86_64
mpfr-devel-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64
libgmp10-32bit-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
libmpc2-0.8.2-15.1.3.x86_64
gmp-devel-32bit-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
gmp-devel-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
mpfr-devel-32bit-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64
libgmpxx4-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
libgmp10-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64
libmpfr4-32bit-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64

mpc-devel ? (not my platform, I don't even know if that package exists, but your grep pattern excludes such a package)

Anyway, what is this error message asking for?

It is asking for gmp+mpfr+mpc. You can look inside the config.log file to see what test failed and prompted configure to print this message.

(it is probably better to avoid the --with-*=/usr, they are unlikely to help)

--
Marc Glisse