Hello, What's the status of live range shrink in GCC

Hi,
I digged into gcc mail archive and found there are several threads
discussing about live range shrink, like:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-04/msg00248.html
and

In these messages many people showed interests in LRS, in or out of
sched1 pass. I am curious about the status now and have following
questions:
1. Does sched-pressure patch Vlad worked is the LRS we mentioned in the message?
2. If the answer is no, are there still someone want to do this in
sched1? Or as Vlad once mentioned that we should implement LRS in
another pass along with register re-materialization?
3. What's the status/expectation of LRS now?

I didn't follow the message on this topic before, so please forgive if
I have missed some important updates about this.

Thanks very much.

--
Best Regards.