Re: C++ conversion? Why still .c (not .cc) files and CC (not CXX) in Makefile.in?

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> > Or do we have a rule than any file using C++ specific feature should
> > be renamed from *.c to *.cc at the moment the C++ feature goes inside?
>
> We do not have such a rule and I would not recommend it.  I think we
> should rename all the files at once at some point.

That has implications on things like
  svn blame file.cc@somerevision
in case somerevision was before that rename.  So I'm not sure we should
rename the files.  I see disadvantages but no real advantages.

Ciao,
Michael.