Re: Error handling after gimple statement insert.

So no one wastes time looking into this....

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Matt Davis <mattdavis9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> In my compiler pass, I am inserting a new gimple call statement, and
> then replacing the next call.  This usually works fine, and after I do
> this, the gimple dump looks as I expect.  However, in one case, I
> trigger gcc to abort in "remove_unreachable_handlers, at
> tree-eh.c:3524"  this is for gcc 4.7.1.  When I perform the
> gsi_insert() and gsi_replace() I maintain the EH data via setting the
> 'update_eh_info' argument to 'true' in the latter function call.  The
> latter also updates the gimple statement, so I am really not sure what
> else I should be doing.  Usually this works, but in one of my cases it
> is failing.  I have not been able to pinpoint what is unique about the
> failing case.  I am just looking for any insight.

I figured out what my code was doing.  There are cases where I move
statements around,  primarily a call statement.  Anyways, this was in
fact occurring and the EH data was all bad.  I have corrected my
logic, and consequentially have this bug fixed.

-Matt