Re: GCC support for PowerPC VLE

Thanks for the feedback. I based my "hope" on the below link:

http://nickclifton.livejournal.com/10857.html

It does look like patches for VLE has reached the GNU binutils -
probably what you are referring to. Please advise what good it is to
have VLE in the binutils, but not in GCC ? I thought one would imply
the other for it to make sense, but I may be wrong?

Also, it looks like somebody was looking at VLE and binutils almost
three years ago - but it seems to have taken a long time to mature.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-12/msg00007.html

I would really hope that someone would be adding VLE to GCC as it
would be very interesting to evaluate performance and code density
against e.g. ARM Thumb2 - VLE looks pretty powerful, and e.g. the
e200z0 core is a VLE-only core available as IP - besides being in
chips on the market today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_e200#e200z0

Thanks