Re: GCC Cauldron: Notes from the C++ ABI BOF

On 20 July 2012 12:43, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> using a new std::list and std::pair, or the old one (well, std::pair is a
> bad example probably, std::string and std::list is good, what other types we
> are going to change?).

I need to add a new virtual function and rename an existing virtual
function for a base class in <future>.  That's for C++11 types only,
but doing the change will create an incompatibility with previous
releases.  (I don't know whether it's better to just make that change
while we still call C++11 support experimental or to wait and use the
new type attribute to make it a different type with the "_cxx11" tag.)

I think there are some changes needed to the hierarchy of exception
classes, to add std::system_error as a base class of std::ios_failure.

I don't know if adding move semantics to iostream classes can be done
without ABI changes (I haven't looked into it.)