Re: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Enge" <andreas.enge@inria.fr>
To: <mpc-discuss@lists.gforge.inria.fr>; <gcc@gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

Hi Rob,

thanks for your report.

Math::MPC (perl) no longer builds against this library because of undefined references to 'mpc_mul_2exp' and 'mpc_div_2exp'.
Looks like those functions are no longer present - which doesn't bother me greatly.

They have been renamed to mpc_mul_2ui and mpc_div_2ui, to be in line with mpfr.

Is there a list from which one can easily find *all* alterations that have been made to the API ?

These are all; all important changes are given in the NEWS file in the tarball.

Thanks.

I notice, too, that the way the availability of the 'double _Complex' and 'long double _Complex' types is detected has changed. (I don't know if any of that should be mentioned in the NEWS file.)
How do we now (portably) determine whether the mpc library we're using provides the four mpc_set/get_dc and mpc_set/get/_ldc functions ?
Is it simply a matter of:

#include <complex.h>
#include <mpc.h>
#ifdef _Complex_I
/* the  four _dc and _ldc functions are available */
#else
/* the four _dc and_ldc functions are unavailable */
#endif

I'm wondering whether it's feasible that, even though complex.h defines _Complex_I, the four functions in question might be unavailable.

Cheers,
Rob