Re: Gcc testsuite, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and a new libgcc_s that is incompatible with the host libc

On 06/22/2012 11:35 AM, Simon Baldwin wrote:
> Firstly, has anyone else encountered this or otherwise given it any
> thought?  And secondly, any hints for practical fixes?

What you effectively seem to be building is a cross-compiler from
x86-glibc-A to x86-glibc-B.  To run your tests, you want a machine
that's running x86-glibc-B.  I would have thought the best way to
achieve this would be to run the tests in a chroot that is your
sysroot.  That's what gcc is compiling for.

Andrew.