Re: -fno-rtti in configure.ac breaks building go? (older g++, -disable-bootstrap)

Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
>
>> To be clear, as far as I can see the Go frontend isn't doing anything
>> wrong or dubious. ÂIt just happens to #include <tr1/unordered_map> when
>> it is available but <unordered_map> is not. ÂIt looks like in gcc 4.0
>> you can not #include <tr1/unordered_map> when using -fno-rtti.
>>
>> We could work around this by changing gcc/configure.ac to check whether
>> that #include <tr1/unordered_map> works with -fno-rtti. ÂIf that fails,
>> the Go frontend will next try <ext/hash_map>.
>
> Is it unacceptable for the Go front-end to use the stage1 g++, especially
> as we are moving toward switching to C++?

The Go frontend does use the stage1 g++.

I assume that this error can only occur when using --disable-bootstrap
or when building Go in stage 1.  I don't see how this error could occur
when building stages 2 or 3 of a bootstrap.

Ian