Re: No documentation of -fsched-pressure-algorithm

Hi Richard,

   I have just noticed that the new -fsched-pressure-algorithm= gcc
   command line option is not documented in gcc/doc/invoke.texi.  Was
   this an oversight ?

No, it was deliberate. It's not supposed to be a user-level option.

Then why is there a user-visible command line option ?

Also - why shouldn't it be a user-level option ? In my experience gcc's instruction scheduling tends to be very sensitive to the algorithm being compiled. For some applications it does a good job, but for others it actually makes the performance worth. Being able to tune the behaviour of the scheduler (via the various -fsched-... options) has been very helpful in getting good benchmark results.

Cheers
  Nick