Re: making sizeof(void*) different from sizeof(void(*)())

Peter,

We have a working backend for an Harvard Architecture chip where function pointer and data pointers have necessarily different sizes. We couldn't do this without changing GCC itself in strategic places and adding some extra support in our backend. We haven't used address spaces or any other existing GCC solution.

Let me know if you need some further information about these changes.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos