Re: making sizeof(void*) different from sizeof(void(*)())

On 4/29/2012 1:19 PM, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:

For instance, I don't think that porting the Linux kernel (or the FreeBSD one) to such an
architecture (having data pointers of different size that function pointers) is easy.

Well it doesnt' surprise me too much that GNU/Linux has non-standard stuff in it

And GTK wants nearly all pointers to be gpointer-s, and may cast them to function pointers internally.

But GTK surprises me more. I guess the C world always surprises me in the extent to which people ignore the standard :-)

Regards.