Re: old archives from 1998

On 04/22/2012 11:43 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

When EGCS and GCC merged back together again, the changes made to the FSF version of GCC (that is, the non-EGCS version) were put into FSFChangelog, which is where you found them. There was no attempt to copy all the entries from FSFChangeLog to the regular ChangeLog files, so it is not surprising that the change is not there.
If I remember correctly, we just copied the ChangeLog from the old gcc2 tree to FSFChangeLog at each import. We made no attempt to weave the egcs & gcc2 ChangeLogs together.

As I recall most changes to the FSF version of GCC were discussed on the gcc2 mailing list. But I might be misremembering. And I can't find any archives of the gcc2 mailing list anywhere.
Cygnus kept some archives of the old gcc2 development list, but never released them as the list had always been considered. I doubt I could even find those old archives anymore.

Jeff