Re: About sink load from memory in tree-ssa-sink.c

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Bin.Cheng <amker.cheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Richard Guenther
> <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Bin.Cheng <amker.cheng@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Interesting, maybe method 1 I implemented is too conservative.
>>> I implemented as you described, and the numbers are:
>>> 1) ? ?766, If the stop condition is "stmt_may_clobber_ref_p"
>>> 2) ? ?719, if the stop condition is "gimple_vdef || stmt_may_clobber_ref_p"
>>>
>>> Also, I past make check on x86 for 1).
>>>
>>> Is it good? I am not sure about it since bootstrapping builds gcc 2
>>> times and libraries 3 times.
>>
>> For 2) it is enough to test for gimple_vdef. ?I think that's the most reasonable
>> approach - we can improve on it once we see that doing so would improve
>> things for a testcase.
> I am a little confused.
> does not "gimple_code (stmt) == GIMPLE_ASM"/"call_may_clobber_ref_p_1
> (stmt, ref)"
> matter? These are checked by stmt_may_clobber_ref_p.

All things that clobber anything have gimple_vdef () != NULL.  Thus in
gimple_vdef () != NULL || stmt_may_clobber_ref_p, stmt_may_clobber_ref_p
is never true if gimple_vdef () is NULL.

stmt_may_clobber_ref_p isn't checking for a NULL gimple_vdef, but that's
because you are not supposed to even have called it then.

Richard.