Re: C++: Letting compiler know asm block can call function that can throw?

Hi,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Andrew Haley wrote:

> On 03/29/2012 02:59 PM, Michael Matz wrote:
> > Actually, with -fnon-call-exceptions volatile asms are already supposed to
> > be throwing.  It's just that this got lost with tree-ssa.  With the patch
> > and -fnon-call-exceptions a simple "__asm__ volatile (...)" is regarded as
> > possibly throwing.
> >
> > Without -fnon-call-exceptions some parser changes would be required.  How
> > about "asm throw (...)" ?
>
> Is there any point?  I would have thought that -fnon-call-exceptions was
> exactly what you need.

non-call-exceptions is a relatively big hammer.  It marks _all_
non-trivial instructions as throwing.  Providing an explicit marker would
allow for more granularity.  Granted, the request didn't come often over
the last years, but it seems like a relatively self-contained and useful
addition to inline asms.

Ciao,
Michael.