Re: GSoC project idea(Before formal Submission)

Subrata Biswas <subrata.iitr@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to design a new IPC(Inter Process Communication) for
> Linux(Which can be extended for windows and mac also) as a project in
> Google Summer of Code.

This seems like an interesting project but it doesn't seem to be a
compiler project.  It seems like a library.  I don't know where the
right place for a library proposal would be, but I don't think it would
be for the GCC project.

You do mention some new syntax at least for C, but I'm not sure why that
is essential for this proposal.  And, as the notes say, we are generally
not interested in language extensions.

Thanks for your interest in GCC.

Ian