Re: GCC 4.7.0RC: Mangled names in cc1

Hi,

Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> skribis:

> 2012/3/9 Ludovic CourtÃs <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr>:
>
>> I believe this is not intentional, right?
>
> No, this is intentional.  We bootstrap the compiler using the C++
> front-end now.  We build stage1 with the C compiler and then build
> stages 2 and 3 with the C++ compiler.

OK.

However, this means that plug-ins must now be built with g++, except
when GCC was configured with --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx.  This
seems difficult to deal with, for plug-in writers.

Is there a recommended approach for plug-ins?  (I couldnât find one at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/changes.html>.)

Thanks,
Ludoâ.