Re: Bootstrapping and C++ compiler

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Now that we build the C-family compilers with a C++ compiler by
default, is the changed documented anywhere?  I looked
at the "installation" part of the manual but I could not find anything
there.  I looked at the wiki page, but many things there seem not
to be updated.  Where should I have looked?  Thanks,

configure.html does say: --enable-build-poststage1-with-cxx When bootstrapping, build stages 2 and 3 of GCC using a C++ compiler rather than a C compiler. Stage 1 is still built with a C compiler. This is enabled by default and may be disabled using --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx.

There are other hints like the default value of --with-boot-ldflags which includes -static-libstdc++.

build.html doesn't say anything. Options have to be passed through BOOT_CFLAGS which doesn't look much like CXX, but then it doesn't matter.

--
Marc Glisse