Re: weird optimization in sin+cos, x86 backend

On 2/3/2012 1:12 PM, Konstantin Vladimirov wrote:
Hi,

I agree, that this case have no practical value. It was autogenerated
between other thousands of tests and showed really strange results, so
I decided to ask. I thought, this value fits double precision range
and, according to C standard, all double-precision arithmetics must be
avaliable for it.

Yes, indeed and it was available. There was nothing "really strange" about the results. The only thing strange was your expectations here :-)

Thanks everybody for explanation, I will constrain trig function arguments, according to "x is separable with x+pi/4" rule. It seems, everything works inside this range.

Yes, it is a good idea to only generate useful tests when you are autogenerating, otherwise you will get garbage in garbage out :-)

--- With best regards, Konstantin